We at Black Draft pride ourselves on family. Family is a huge part of who we are and why we do what we do (just ask any of the 3 generations who are usually on-site). Which is why we allow folks under 21 to enjoy the farm.
However, it helps to clarify some policies for those folks who choose to bring children with them to the farm:
- We are a farm establishment regulated by the West Virginia Liquor Board and are held to the same alcohol establishment laws as any other bar/restaurant.
- We are not a babysitting service, playground, amusement park, etc.
- Black Draft Farm & Distillery is an ACTUAL working farm. There are sharp edges, hard surfaces, construction, mud, thousands of dollars of glass bottles filled with spirits as well as other guests hoping to enjoy themselves.
- If you choose to bring children with you, YOU are solely responsible for them. They cannot be sent out to “play” unsupervised while you enjoy your cocktails on the patio or in the barn.
- Children must be supervised at all times, by the adult(s) that brought them.
- The safety of all guests, including your children, as well as our team/staff is of top priority. If we ask that something not be permitted, it is for that purpose.
We understand that kids are kids, and we are happy to guide them if they’re into something we’d prefer they not be. We will even let their adults know that we’ve given them direction.
Repeat correction of behavior that is being permitted by their adults, will result in the children and their adults being asked to leave for the day.
Our goal is that all guests can enjoy their visit to Black Draft fully and appreciate your understanding and help on this. We look forward to seeing you soon!